Chocolate, the jewel in the crown of French gastronomy, is one of the most popular dishes in France and abroad. It is consumed at regular intervals throughout the year and is even more popular during our calendar holidays.
Working with chocolate is part of pastry-making but is an art. Like any product with high added value, it requires a high level of technical expertise.
Therefore, you should come and develop your skills with Meilleur Ouvrier de France Chocolatier-Confiseur 2019, Vincent Durant. At his side, you will (re)discover and work with chocolate around current recipes, all in finesse and greediness at the same time.
Pastry Chef & Instructor at Institut Lyfe
Meilleur Ouvrier de France Chocolatier-Confiseur 2019
Duration: 3 days-21 hours
Dates: From October 10th to 12th 2023
Number of participants: 6 to 10
Requirements: Working in pastry, pastry experience and knowledge.
Price: €1,785 including VAT-€1,487.50 excluding VAT
- To deepen the basics of chocolate and confectionery
- Understand and balance chocolate, praline and confectionery products, and master their production process
- Understand the different principles of conservation
- Strengthen your creativity and taste identity
This programme is intended for restaurants and boutiques pastry chefs .
Programme provided in French only.
- Understanding and balancing a chocolate interior (ganache, praline) and a confectionery product
- Making ganache and praline: roles of ingredients, cooking, infusion, emulsion, caramelisation, crystallisation, sugar cooking…
- Preservation and texture of products
- The role of PH
- Framing, casting, cutting
- Setting up a cover
- Making decorative elements
- Finishing (glazing or candying)