This course is an opportunity to rediscover plants, pulses and cereals in a way that will bring out their full splendour in colourful, delicious dishes. Put mother nature at the heart of your dishes and turn seasonal constraints into a true source of inspiration. These days, plant-based cooking is more than ever a response to concerns about healthy eating.
Head Chef, Instructor & Consultant at Institut Lyfe
Duration: 3 days-21 hours
Dates: From November 27th to 29th 2023
Number of participants: 6 to 10
Requirements: Experience in the world of culinary arts.
Price: €1,360 including VAT-€1,133.34 excluding VAT
- Develop a better understanding of plant-based produce in order to apply appropriate preparation, cooking, association and dish enhancement techniques
- Offer your customers a contemporary cuisine experience that reflects contemporary consumer trends
This programme is designed for kitchen managers, chefs, line chefs, and commis chefs.
Programme provided in French only.
- Theory and technology applied to vegetables, pulses and cereals (menus and nutrition)
- Substitute produce and alternatives to animal proteins and any other animal-based produce
- Preliminary preparations: making broths, extractions, flavoured waters, fruit and vegetable juices; no more need to use stock!
- Recipes based on vegetables, pulses, cereals and fruit for nutritional, tasty, colourful and cost-effective dishes
- Use of vegetable purees as binding agents
- Spices, herbs and oils: focus on seasonings, taste and flavours
- Creating contemporary and gourmet dressings
- Tasting and analysis of the organoleptic properties of each dish prepared