Bringing out the best in a dish through careful presentation creates the first impressions for the guest, or the customer. For this reason, it is crucial to follow the basic rules for preparing a plate or a dish so as to delight the customer.
Head Chef, Instructor & Consultant at Institut Lyfe
Duration: 2 days-14 hours
Dates: From October 30th to 31th 2023
Number of participants: 6 to 10
Requirements: Experience in the world of culinary arts.
Price: €1,080 including VAT-€900 excluding VAT
- Understand and adopt the different types of food presentation in order to be able to put them into practice
- Successfully combine colours, shapes and volumes to enhance the visual experience of the customer
This competency development programme is designed for kitchen managers, chefs, line chefs, and commis chefs.
Programme provided in French only.
- Discover the different types of plates and varieties of recipients
- Understand the essential rules for food presentation on the plate, including: shapes, colours, volumes, associations, contrasts, and limitations
- Associate the rules of food presentation with different types of cuisine (gastronomic, bistronomic, brasserie, etc.)
- Practice food presentation on a plate using recipes produced in the Institut Lyfe (formerly Institut Paul Bocuse) laboratory